It’s not often I get asked to make cupcakes, but when I do, I have a bit of fun.
It’s amazing how simple this recipe is and how when you think about it, the recipe may make you giggle when you see what our main ingredient is. It only came about because I couldn’t be bothered to cook one lunch time. but we absolutely love this lunch.
These cookies are so simple, put together in 5mins and baked in 10mins. Apart from the ingredients all I needed was a bowl and a spoon. I made 12 cookies from this batch.
- 70g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 275g Nutella®
- 30g chocolate chips and 30g chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a baking tray or line with baking parchment.
- Combine flour, egg and Nutella® in a large bowl and mix together with a spoon until no flour lumps remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls, about 3cm in diameter, I weighed mine into 12 equal balls. Place on the prepared tray, about 5cm apart. Press down on the balls to create thick discs.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes. They should be slightly still soft in the middle. Let them cool on a wire rack until set. They soon harden up.
A really simple recipe to follow, my go to recipe. This is for a 20cm cake, I line the base of the tin with baking paper, I double line the inside of the cake, then I wrap grease proof around the outside with string, why I don’t know, it’s what my grandma used to do.
Put all the ingredients from POT 1 into a large pan, bring the whole lot to the boil then simmer for 5 mins. Leave to cool down, 1/2 hr approx.
Meanwhile heat your oven to 150c and put POT 2 together in a bowl leaving out the eggs and vanilla.
Once POT 1 has cooled add the contents of POT 2 and stir well together, not forgetting to make a wish. Once it all mixed together, add you eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Finally, pour all the contents into your cake tin and put in the oven for 2hrs. Before bringing the cake, check your cake is cooked through with a skewer. Once out, I pour 2 tbsp brandy over the cake.
I leave the cake to cool for an hour before putting it on a cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
Ingredients pot 1
Oh so simple to make…….
£35 for this Chocolate Ganache Birthday Cake, includes writing too.
This Unicorn Cake is a 4 layer, 20cm chocolate or vanilla sponge doubling up as a Pinata cake filled with skittles or smarties. The cake comes on a board and boxed.